In connection with the development of production program of the ŠKODA Company the Institute has gone through a lot of structural changes during many decades of its existence:
- Výzkumný ústav ŠKODA / SKODA Research Institute/ was established - modern chemical, metalographic and mechanical laboratories started their operation, which
was aimed at ensuring a high quality of the SKODA metallurgical and armament products.
- Výzkum strojírenský /Mechanical Engineering Research/ was established in the framework of the Institute; it was focused on the
disciplines related to mechanical engineering
- Dynamická zkušebna / Dynamic Testing Laboratory/, specialized in demanding dynamic stress testing of large mechanical structures, was established
- an independent business unit ŠKODA VÝZKUM s.r.o. Plzeň /SKODA RESEARCH/, was established in the form of a company with limited liability as a subsidiary of SKODA a.s.
- ŠKODA VÝZKUM s.r.o acquired the Certificate of Accreditation in compliance with CSN EN 45001
- ŠKODA VÝZKUM acquired the Certificate of the CSN EN ISO 9001 quality system qualification
- ÚJV Řež, a. s. became an only partner of ŠKODA VÝZKUM s.r.o. with 100% share
- ŠKODA VÝZKUM s.r.o. was renamed to "Výzkumný a zkušební ústav Plzen s.r.o." (Research and Testing Institute Plzeň)