In particular, the Mechanical Laboratory focuses on testing of essential mechanical properties of, in particular, ferrous and non-ferrous metals as well as plastics and composites, components/semi-finished products, and final products as well.
The Mechanical Laboratory has available in-house shop for production of test specimens and special test jigs.
The tests are mostly certified and conducted according to the standards: ČSN EN, ASTM
- Tensile test (RT up to 1050 °C) *mini TAH
- Pressure test
- Bend test
- Notch toughness test (-150 °C up to +800 °C)
- Hardness measurement tests (Vickers, Brinell, Rockwell)
- Low-cycle fatigue
- High-cycle fatigue (RT up to 1050 °C)
Fracture toughness tests
- J-R Curve
- Fatigue crack propagation speed measurement
- Determination of threshold value of strain intensity factor for fatigue crack propagation
- Creep test – tests with measured elongation
- SR test
- Relaxing tests
- Mini Tensile Test – analogy of classic tension test conducted on a mini test body Very low quantity of the material is needed. The results are comparable to results obtained with the use of a standard sample for tensile test.
- NC milling
- Cutting Wire cutting
- Flat and round grinding
- Surface finishes, and more according to agreement with customer
- We produce bolts, nuts, pins, nozzles, rivets, sleeves, rings, test bodies, and more
ZWICK, INSTRON, Schenck-Trebel test apparatuses with loading capacity from 2 N to 600 kN
Shuttle impulse hammers WPM
WOLPERT, Vickers Armstrong, WPM, and INSTRON (portable) hardness metersCreep laboratory with in-house test apparatus for testing up to 1100 °C temperature and up to 30 kN load
Two turn benches from 1mm to 12mm
One NC lathe with 8-position Duplomatic head, range from 1mm to 100mm, production length 600mm
Two NC lathes with 8-position Duplomatic head, range from 1mm to 200mm, production length 1,000mm
One lathe with digital measurement sui 32, range from 1mm to 100m, turning length 600mm
One SN40 lathe, turning length 600mm, from 10mm to 150mm, and fine milling using a standard milling machine
Broaches, mills, grinders, saws, cutters, and more.
Transport of material for test
Customer arranges for transport at their costs or may use automatic pick-up service for free. Customer only packs the material/VZUP will pick it up, perform required tests, and send back the protocols with results to the customer.
Regarding common jobs, we deliver the results to the customer in 3–5 business days. Individual agreement applies to complex jobs.
We can run tests of the test specimens from the tiniest dimensions up to standard sizes. Our staff registers each sample and the procedure selected by the customer is followed, i.e. the tests may be run under strict parameters of the determined standards and certification, up to individual configuration of the test parameters according to desire of the customer.
We pay detail attention to all jobs. In particular, we focus on small-lot jobs. Where many companies reject you, we are ready to help, including expert assessment of the material embodiment.
Mechanical tests; creep tests
Doosan Škoda Power s.r.o.
Doosan Babcock Ltd.
PILSEN STEEL s.r.o.
CZECH PRECISION FORGE a.s.
Seele pilsen s.r.o.
ŠKODA JS a.s.
BRUSH SEM s.r.o.
CTOD tests of fracture toughness of metal sheets under low temperatures
ISD HUTA CZESTOCHOWA SP. ZOO
Specific mechanical tests of rivets for automotive
Yanfeng Czechia Automotive Interior Systems s.r.o.
Shape Corp. Czech Republic